Sunday, September 6, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

I hope you're having a fabulous Labor Day weekend! For us, Labor Day signals the end of summer and the beginning of a new year of homeschooling. We went to curriculum convention in July and spent a small fortune on books, so we should be all set...if we can just get the proper mind-set! None of us are ready to start back!

Today's Banana Split challenge is to use stripes and dots. I thought that this single sheet of two-sided Polka Dot Punch designer paper (from the My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow collection) would be perfect to go along with this scholarly little House Mouse! I colored the image with Prismas and Gamsol. (I saw that Michael's has Prismas 50% off right now. I am tempted to invest in a larger set because I don't always have the colors I'd like...like in this card, for something comparable to Baja Breeze. The color I have is just too intense and is more like teal or turquoise). I edged the papers with Tim Holtz distress ink, glued on a few dew drops to bring emphasis to the long lines of this image (LOVE my quickie glue pen for this!), and then added some luscious satin ribbon tied with a Basic Grey button. The simple layout (very similar to last week's card) leaves plenty of open space to show off these fun prints.

I hope you'll play along with our challenge! We'd love to see your work! Visit the Banana Blog to be inspired and then come again to add your link! Shop 2RedBananas for some fun stamps, papers, and supplies!

5 comments:

  1. This card is so cute. I love the papers you used, and the image is really adorable. I haven't used mine yet, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Deb! I love your coloring, it's fabulous!! The dew drops are the perfect touch to finish it - beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats I left a big long comment and my computer froze. So here is another.. Love this card. This image is so sweet. I love my prisma pencils. I need to get some replacements. So glad that I could enable you to get more stamps. You can never have too many...LOL.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just too cute Deb!! I love how you colored this and the great paper you used:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, your coloring on this is spectacular!! And I love how his little tail is "out of the box"!!

    ReplyDelete