Friday, September 11, 2009

2RedBananas Sneak Peek

This card was supposed to be for yesterday's SCS Ways to Use It challenge, to use red! I love red (not as much as my friend Anne does!) and enjoy using it in unexpected ways. That's one thing I love about this Twitterpated designer paper...it pairs red with pink and orange, in addition to teal and green. Using colors that are adjacent on the color wheel gives a completely different look and feel than using complementary, and here there's a bit of both. Birthday Penny, colored with Prismas and Gamsol, looks so cute amid this profusion of color! I really didn't want to cover any of those fun prints up and tried to come up with a layout that would show several of them! I'm still wondering if I am ever gonna be able to give Penny anything but red hair! This adorable image will be released on September 15th. The April Journaling Spot has a Happy Birthday sentiment that works perfectly for the inside of the card!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I love this stamp. Your coloring is so good, and I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete