Friday, September 18, 2009

Fruitful Harvest

One of the best things that happened to me this year was that Asela and I met when we were both in Pensacola for Copic certification...we discovered that we live less than two miles apart, and that was the beginning of a wonderful friendship! I'm so thrilled and honored that she invited me to be her guest designer in this GinaK blog hop. I've had the blessing of attending several of her local Copic classes, the last of which (perfect timing for me!) was on combining Prismas and Gamsol with Copic markers. Oh, let me tell you, I am in love! I am really enjoying learning to use my Copics, but being able to combine them with the pencils gives me a much wider spectrum of color while I expand my marker collection. Confession time! I went yesterday and bought the BIG set of Prismas while they were 50% off...and I didn't even need my coupon! I can still use it for something else I *neeeeed!* There's always something! ;)

During one of my recent trips to the LSS I found this lovely fall designer paper. I bought it specifically to use with this image from Asela's newly released set, Fruitful Harvest, although I had originally planned to use the paper's flip side which is a beautiful gold scrolling print. I love the warm fall colors and wanted this card to have a rustic but elegant feel. I started out with Copics and then layered with pencils using some deep reds, umbers, yellows and white over the top and alongside to shade and highlight. The image was cut, embossed, and matted with nestabilities petite ovals, and all of the edges were sponged with Tim Holtz distress ink. To embellish I added some gorgeous satiny wired ribbon and some pearls, including one tiny pearl to the seed at the apple's center.

Enjoy yourself as you make your way through the rest of the blog hop! (Links to the other designers are on Gina's blog). I hope you'll visit here again soon! Blessings!

32 comments:

  1. Deb, this is stunning!Love your gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card deb! Your coloring is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta tell ya, all those copic classes and the prisma class - totally paying off for you. Those apples looked good enough to nibble on. And congrats on the 50% off Prismas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, how pretty is this!?! Great job - and thank you so much for hopping with us tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Your coloring is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. outstanding coloring! love these rich colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, this is gorgeous!!! Those apples look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh - your coloring on those apples is amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, I am so glad that I got to see this card in person...it is breath-taking for sure! I love your coloring as well...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowza Deb!!!!! OMGosh I love your coloring!!!! And the dp....yes it's awesome!!! What a wonderful story on how you two met! If I ever, ever get to FL I wanna visit you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS deb...your coloring is stunning..and love the dp you used too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Deb. This apple is absolutely beautiful. While it seems the classes have paid off, I think you're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! I love your coloring. I, too, mix my copics and prismas. This is such a warm, inviting image!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful coloring, paper, and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Deb! This is spectacular! That apple looks good enough to bite into. Awesome coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deb,
    So inspiring and beautiful. The shades of color you achieved are amazing and this card just speaks FALL! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your colors and shading are perfect with the paper. You've done a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You amaze me. Such great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is lovely Deb. I really like your coloring. Combinging pencils and copics is my favorite way to color. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!! Great coloring.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Deb, this is gorgeous! Fabulous coloring! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so beautiful Deb!! I featured you at Top Ten Creations!
    http://www.toptencreations.blogspot.com
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy cow woman! This is one of the best job of "apple coloring" I've ever seen. Fantastic shading and your wonderfully warm color scheme...it's just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful, Deb! I love your coloring. I would love to watch you color this. I don't know if you remember me, but we met at CHA Florida at the SCS booth. I was the short Filipina with a tall Croatian girl :-).

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that card you made with Fruitful Harvest. The colors are great!! I love those warm colors. Well I'm on the hop so I'll hop along to the next stop.
    JoAnn H.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that card!!! The colors are beautiful!!! That is one more apple.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, this is gorgeous. I was at the same Copic class and in fact I sat at the same table as Asela, although I had no idea who she was at the time. Were you at the same table? Anyway, that was a great class and I'm loving my copics. Your card is great. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge - twice. :)

    ReplyDelete