Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Petal Press Release

Today is the day that all of us at i {heart} papers have been waiting for! Our very own design team coordinator, Tracy Schultz, has illustrated her first stamp set for her brand new stamp line, The Petal Press, and it is finally available! Join me in congratulating Tracy for this dream-come-true experience. Her set is a really fun Fall build-a-scene and I had a great time coloring it as part of my card for today's SCS sketch challenge! I used a combination of Copic markers and Prismas with Gamsol (see the Copic Creations Challenge for this week!). I'm happy with how my pumpkin turned out but not totally pleased with the shadow in the background (first time I used this pencil!). The Harvest Hayride paper was a great backdrop for this image. I matted the nesties oval cut image with a bit of cardstock embossed with a herringbone EF, then sponged all the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink.

I love Tracy's set and can't wait to play with some of the other images. It's very versatile and can be used for holidays and everyday from October through December. In addition to Tracy's new release, i {heart} papers is also releasing two new Chickengirl sets today! Kate has been adding new product to the store on a nearly daily basis...so it is a good idea to visit often!

8 comments:

  1. Wowza! Your coloring is fantastic! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb this is simply gorgeous! I love how you colored the grapes. Thank you for the sweet things you said, too. I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,Deb! Love your coloring and the combination of colors and patterns. I can't wait to try the set out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...This is just stunning! :) thanks for joining us in the CC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! That image is gorgeous - I'll have to check out this new set, how exciting! Thanks for joining our Copic Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete