Monday, September 7, 2009

My friend, yesterday's featured stamper!

Yesterday's featured stamper was my friend Lori McAree. Lori and I were first introduced when we served together as guest designers on Treehouse Stamps Design Team. We have chatted on the phone on numerous occasions, but finally got to meet in person at CHA in Orlando not long ago. She was just exactly as I expected her to be: warm and friendly, energetic...and all smiles! I am so glad that we got to meet, and now when we chat on the phone I can just envision what it would be like to be conversing in person. What a sweetheart!

Lori's gallery
is full of wonderful cards...she is an avid player in the Splitcoast challenges, so there's alot to choose from! I chose her beautiful friendship card because I treasure our friendship...and because I knew this friendship stamp would work to keep the theme and do a recognizable CASE. I stayed with the Basic Grey Porcelain papers, just using different prints from the collection, and distress inking all the edges. I layered the sentiment using Nestabilities small and large circles and labels 3. My card came out soft and feminine without being too over-the-top frilly...and uncharacteristically, it has only a very small bit of coloring using two muted pink Copic markers. It was fast and fun! Lori, here's to you! I hope you enjoyed your day!

3 comments:

  1. oh it's beautiful Deb!!! I love all your distress inking!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Deb!!! Great job caseing!! We did have fun at CHA didnt we?!?! So ready for another one!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through SCS. Just wanted to say again that this card is very pretty. Love the DP combo you chose!

    ReplyDelete