Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hybrid CAS Card

I am always amazed at how some people (like my friend Latisha) can take a few elements and make them look altogether stunning. That is quite a challenge for me...I don't know why it is so hard but it definitely is! When today's WT challenge was to do something out of your comfort zone, clean and simple was at the top of my list! Add to that a new digital program that I'm still trying to get used to, and this is what resulted.

I used to play around a lot with web graphics and web pages...I used Paint Shop Pro and Photo Impact and got quite familiar and comfortable with them. Fast forward 10+ years...although the programs are similar, there are a lot more options, and the short-cuts that still seem 2nd nature to me even after all these years don't work quite the same anymore! It really is just a matter of figuring out the idiosyncrasies of the user interface, which shouldn't take too long! And it's a lot of fun!

For today's card I wanted to use this beautiful soft pink Prism card stock with the elegant contrast of black. I could have used traditional stamps and ink, but digital would be more of a challenge. With the Stamps of Life, I have both options! They come in clear acrylic and also in digital brush format. It's great to be able to mix both to achieve the look you want. I thought it would be kinda fun to have a rainbow of color, so I used a digital brush to paint a solid black row of dots, then selected them and used a gradient fill tool to recolor them to span a soft pastel color spectrum. The sentiment is another digital brush...it's really great to be able to size the sentiment in much the same way that you would size fonts in a text document.

I'm gonna keep playing! I am experimenting with special effects of all kinds, with drop shadows and highlights and all kinds of fun options! The possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

  1. You have done clean and simple proud, Deb!! What an elegant card with the wonderful color spectrum in your row of dots!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, Deb...you would not know this was out of your comfort zone!! So wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you are so sweet! I think you did CAS perfectly! I was up giving Jacob some medicine, and now I can't fall asleep...tomorrow is going to be rough lol.

    ReplyDelete