Sunday, August 30, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!


This week's challenge at 2RedBananas/Banana Blog is to use rub-0ns. I used a rub-on pack from Pink Paislee with the scraps from our Bella kit challenge to make this very sedate masculine card. The layout is Mojo Monday Sketch 101. I find that I really struggle to like the masculine cards I make because they just feel dull and boring, but honestly that is the way my guy likes them. He doesn't like anything busy and prefers just basics...no fuss, no frills. I thought these gray-blues and browns would be just perfect for him. I'll circle the dates for his upcoming birthday on the focal rub-on image, and he'll be happy as can be with this card. Simple, natural, and rustic...

It took me about 2 hours to unpack and prep my stamp room so that I could work on this project! It was left in complete upheaval after the flurry of stamping for last month's Dirty Dozen gallery and then the frenzy of packing for Michigan immediately afterward. It was so nice to be reunited with my Cuttlebug, corner punches, buttons and cording that I had left behind! There are so many little things we take for granted until they're out of reach and not an option! So even as basic and boring as this card seems, it still makes me smile!

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card... in a manly way. I love it. I really love the distressed edges. I have Making Memories Distressing Kit and I never remember to dig it out and use it. I'm gonna have to do that...

    ReplyDelete