Monday, August 31, 2009

Eerie TLC

Yay! I actually played the Technique Lover's challenge today! Lynn featured a cool masking technique, and I thought it would make an eerie creepy crawly spider's web.

First I stamped the spider from Inkadinkado's All Hallow's Eve. Then I used the corner web stamp with a circle-shaped mask to stamp the web around the mask edges. I sponged Summer Sun, then reversed the mask to sponge the inside with Lavender Lace. I trimmed the entire thing with my large circle coluzzle, then sponged the edges with Lavender Lace and Going Gray. I went over parts with my glittery black Spica pen, adding rhinestones over the swirlies. I tied a bow with a Basic Grey button embellishment and then *fried* it with the heat gun to make it look spooky.

I wish I could capture the glitter and glow with the camera! Very fun!

4 comments:

  1. I never thought that I would find a spider and its web beautiful, but this one certainly is, Deb! What a sensational card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful and fun to boot!

    Just wanted to say hello and THANK YOU for thinking of me and calling me - it was so wonderful to hear your voice right in the middle of hurricane Danny and my own personal hurricanes lol :)

    hugs
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This is so beautiful. I just love it.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are BRILLIANT Deb! I love everything about this especially the yellow highlight, SO COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete