Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 2 of OCL Sneak Peeks!


Some designers are so organized that they are well ahead of their assignments...I'd really LOVE to be one of those people, but I am usually the one preparing a card on a short deadline. Like yesterday when I was exhausted after just coming back from CHA and needed a card for the very next next day! I tried hard to get it done before I left but it just didn't happen! (Teaching music for 2 VBS weeks in one month was more than I bargained for!) I do work better under a *little* bit of pressure...too much will make me cave!

I suppose sometimes being last minute has its advantages! This week, the advantage is a fun Mojo Monday sketch! I stamped and colored this fun Our Craft Lounge image twice from the soon-to-be-released set, Ghostly Greetings, using Prismas and Gamsol. I cut, embossed, and matted one image using nestabilities small and large circle dies (on sale now!), sponged the edges with Tim Holtz black soot distress ink, then matted it with a labels 3. I used the second image to cut and pop portions to give it depth and contour. I added a bit of sparkle with a Spica clear glitter pen and gave the cheeks of the pumpkin a little dot-dot-dot with a white gel pen.

The background was cut from some glittery Doodlebug Designs striped paper and some scallop-edged cardstock accented with lots of bling! I really love the vivid colors and the glimmer. The little bit of black makes everything seem brighter. I think these colors are some of my absolute favorites, and I just love the whimsical Halloween images. So much fun to work with!

Remember, these sets will be available at i {heart} papers very soon! I will have another sneak peek for you tomorrow, and then blog hop and blog CANDY on Thursday!

More OCL sneak peeks here at the new OCL blog! Don't miss 'em! 31 peeks in all over three days! And if you missed yesterday's be sure to scroll back as you visit!

Also...the ihp Chickengirl Design Team is showing sneak peeks this week, so be sure to scroll down to that list on the side bar to see the new exclusive ihp sets that will soon be released!

And finally, another reminder: you have until midnight tonight to enter our i {heart} papers wide ribbon challenge. See this post for details! The winner will be announced Friday!

24 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! Beautiful coloring! You have such a great layout style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! I love how you layered your Nesties ~ so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, great minds think alike! I too am last-minute and used the Mojo sketch! LOL I even almost used the Labels 3 Nestie! This is so cute, and I love the colors and details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love the softness to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Deb! Your layered nesties are perfect and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME card, Deb! Love that scalloped edge, the different nestie shapes all layered together, and the popped up image. VERY sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH! I love the way this is all put together... the layered centerpiece, the scallop edging! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Deb, this is SO SWEET, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, and wonderful use of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable. I love your coloring too. You rock Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card! I love the dimension you created and your amamzing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear ya, I am NEVER ahead on my stamping! And I used the mojo sketch today, LOL! Super duper cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Deb! I love your coloring and the dimension and bling are perfect! I LOVED meeting you at CHA, but I sure do wish we had been able to have more time together. Maybe next show!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just LOVE this little ghost, Deb...and that ribbon...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Deb!!!! The ghost just glows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've loved, loved your Halloween samples!!! these sets are super CUTE and adore your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man - WAY WAY FUN! Deb - this card is so cute! LOVE the paper! LOVE how you popped the pumpkin up! LOVE that twill!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL coloring!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute Deb! Great coloring and layout

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is the cutest Halloween image I have seen in a long time. I love the ghost with the pumpkin. Very nicely done Deb... :)

    ReplyDelete