Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Alike but Different!

Summer has flown by! It's been a fun, busy one in our household...we have a few more weeks to go before its carefree, easy days will come to an end and the more structured routine of homeschooling begins. Blech! I'm soooo NOT ready!

My card for today celebrates the spirit of Summer! Jeanette from 2RedBananas sent each design team member a card kit for a fun challenge. The kit contained several prints of Imaginisce designer paper from A Shore Thing Collection, some beautiful lemon and light blue sheer twinkle ribbon and some fantasy fiber (mine was cotton cloud). I had never tried fantasy fiber before...it's SO fun to play with something new!

I took a small handful of the fantasy fibers and ironed them for a few seconds between two sheets of wax paper. After stamping and coloring my Popsicle on a sheet of white cardstock, I used some ZipDry to glue the sheet of fibers to it and cut the Popsicle shape out. I love the way it turned out...it reminds me of the way a Popsicle turns crystalline white with frost when you first open it.

The sentiment was stamped directly onto the designer paper. To make it a little more prominent, I shaded around the letters in spots with a very pale gray Copic marker and went over the letters with a blue Spica glitter pen. I added a bow tied with both colors of ribbon, along with a paper flower from my stash topped with a flame dewdrop. So what do you think?! How'd I do?!

I can't wait to see what the rest of the team did with their kits! Check 'em out on the Banana Blog! Be sure to visit 2RB online store too...the sale is still on!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Deb! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the Fantasy Fiber and your popsicle! It's genious! :) Great job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summer card! that popsicle is wonderful, and looks yummy! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Deb. I LOVE your fantasy fiber popsicle. It looks awesome, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card...
    Fiber loks awesome..
    Thanks for sharing...
    ___________________
    Melvin
    Naton wide cash is easy and fast

    ReplyDelete