Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bella Bella!

It's time for another card kit challenge! Jeanette from 2RedBananas sent each stamper on her design team 3 packages, each filled with elements for a card. You can see my creation from last week's kit here.

This week's kit contained two pieces of double-sided Bella Bella paper (Floraleque, and The Rouge Bird...I love this stuff, ALL of it!), some gorgeous satin ribbon, a ribbon slide, and some matching Winter Retreat dewdrops. The bird image immediately made me think of the Bible verse that says how much more valuable we are than the birds, that God provides for us so we should not worry (see Luke 12:22-31)...and I thought this quote on Peace would be appropriate. I trimmed the paper around the image, cut a strip of the Floraleque and flipped a few pieces to make a simple geometric layout, inking the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink and distressing them lightly. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the designer paper using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I arranged some dewdrops along a few edges. I tried to add the ribbon/slider but really loved the simplicity of it just as it is, so I reserved the leftover paper and embellishments for another card. I'll share that with you soon!

Hope you're having a fabulous week so far! It's halfway through!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Deb!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm jealous that you got a whole bird - I only got a head. Your layout is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome...
    Thanks for sharing...
    ___________________
    Melvin
    Naton wide cash is easy and fast

    ReplyDelete