Sunday, August 16, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

Today's Banana Split Sunday challenge is a sketch! I love sketches because layouts are the hardest part of card-making for me. A sketch gives me some framework to work within.

I just adore this darling image of Tree-swinging Penny! I mentioned in an earlier post why I love Penny so much! I don't know if I'll ever be able to color her with anything other than red hair! That's why I paired her with this Bloom and Grow paper! It is one of several lines of paper that I'm really stuck on lately...Pink Paislee's Captivating is another!

Penny was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Prismas and Gamsol. A few shadows were stroked in with a Copic blender pen and marker. I used the blender pen and a bright orange Copic to add some color to a pale yellow Imaginisce flower, then topped it with a colorful knot of fibers for *pollen*. Very frou frou, but so fun! For the little trio of dots in the upper left corner, I used more of my flame dewdrops.

Head over to the Banana Blog to check out the sketch and play along!

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable Deb!! I love your coloring (as usual :) I also love the papers you used with Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love your coloring! What an adorable image!
    TFS :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at all those layers! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I love this card. It is so vibrant and fun! I made a mini album for my dad with these papers. They're girly, but not TOO girly. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,so cute...
    I love this..
    Thanks for sharing...
    ___________________
    Melvin
    Naton wide cash is easy and fast

    ReplyDelete