Monday, December 15, 2008

Tracy's Challenge

torn paper treeMy design team mate, Tracy, has issued our first i {heart} papers DT challenge, to make a Christmas thank you card. I had so much fun playing around with this!closeup



This MME paper is so yummy! (I first saw it at LSS before being invited to join Kate's team, and just *HAD* to have some!) I love the surprise of the non-traditional colors, how soft and yet bright and cheerful they are. I decided to try to fashion a tiered paper tree...so I cut 1, 1 1/2, 2, and 3 inch squares of river rock cardstock, then tore the edges in an arc from corner to corner, inked and ruffled them up and gave them some bling ornaments. (If I had had any liquid applique I would have added some snow!) The pink background is stamped with pirouette snowflakes from the SEI Alpine set, and the sentiment is actually from Stampendous' Changito the Monkey! I added a MS Stewart snowflake with a pretty jeweled center, and tied a bow with some luscious two-toned satin ribbon (which matches perfectly...sometimes colors freak my camera out!)


Such a fun challenge! I'm looking forward to finding out what' s next!

8 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! I love this paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really really cute! I especially love that tree, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tree and fab design!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love that 3-d tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Your tiered tree is perfect with the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! What a cute idea for the Christmas tree. I may just have to case you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous!! What a fantastic torn tree - love it on that pink paper!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete