Sunday, December 28, 2008

Relieved!

Christmas Day was my friend and i {heart} papers design team-mate Cathleen's birthday...in the flurry of all the Christmas card-making, I didn't get her birthday card out, so when this new set from i {heart} papers came on Christmas Eve along with a stash of other goodies, I knew what I wanted to ink up first. I just love this little beaver by OCL! He fit right in w/ her belated birthday card and Friday's challenge, so my first after-Christmas stamping session was to stamp this card.

It's funny how *coincidences* happen...Cathleen posted on ihp's PCP page that she was worried that her house might flood! With all the rain and snow, the creek behind her house was rising and predicted to go above flood stage! Her family had to seriously prepare for this, including stacking sandbags. OMGoodness! I'm thinking of how inappropriate this belated birthday card is...and does this mean I'm clairvoyant? ;)

Thankfully, today, Cathleen came back with good news! Our prayers were answered...the flood did not come into their house! Whew! Maybe I'll get to send this card after all!

5 comments:

  1. ooh! that is good news! Water and houses just dont' mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card! So glad your friend didn't end up with any flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I just got Bubs in my last box from IHP. I can't wait to play with him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the flood did not hit your friend's home! Yes, a relief!

    Your card is so cute! Love the image and how you've showcased it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a little flooding ourselves, but luckily is got cold again and we didn't need to worry for long. Wishing your friend is OK! Your card is sooo super cute!! TFS!! :)

    ReplyDelete