Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

My Treehouse Stamps design team mate and newly found friend Michelle got her gift from me, her Secret Santa, just in time for Christmas, so now I can share it with you! I wanted it to be something that was appropriate for the holidays that she would also be able to leave out beyond Christmas if she liked. I found this beautiful designer paper in soft, muted colors, so I covered a little chipwood box with it and topped it with this adorable pair of owls from Treehouse's Owlentine. I watercolored the image, embossed it with a mixture of clear EP and Iridescent Ice, embellished it with punched ferns and primas, and then tucked some delicious Peterbrooke chocolates inside. The matching 3 x 3 card also uses a new TreeHouse stamp, Live Life Passionately... and my new nesties label die.

To complete Michelle's gift, I enclosed some of my favorite designer paper, brads, and fibers...Basic Grey is one of my very favorite brands of stamping and scrapping supplies. I can't wait to see what she makes with these new goodies!

While Thanksgiving is a very long, drawn-out day (actually, several days) in the kitchen, Christmas Day is much more relaxed. We open presents in the morning, then enjoy a late breakfast. For dinner Patrick cooks a delicious standing rib pork roast stuffed with mushroom sauce. I am usually in charge of dessert (traditionally a cheesecake that takes 40 oz of cream cheese to bake!). We just relax and enjoy being together.

Christmas in the Felts household only begins on Christmas Day! We celebrate the 12 days of Christmas from Christmas Day through Epiphany...I'll be sharing more of that with you as the days go by.

I am looking forward to this week in between Christmas and New Year's Day. Life moves at a much slower pace, a welcome respite after the frenzy of all the holiday preparations. I am hoping that I'll get to play with some of the new rubber that arrived here on Christmas Eve! There are several design team projects I plan to work on. I've missed the challenges lately also, and would love to go back and make up a few!

Merry Christmas! I hope you're enjoying the traditions and heritage of your family and friends on this most blessed day! Peace be yours!

6 comments:

  1. what a great gift!!! So wonderful! Hope you had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. deb, i love that gift set! i also loved hearing your family traditions! i hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I am so happy I did. I simply love your owls! I have to get them. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I was shocked when I saw the pictures on SCS! OMG!!! Your gift couldn't have been more beautiful!! I love everything about it!! Hugs, Ash-

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely set.. I love the owls they are very cute! I found you by following the blog hop for SNSS ... and I'm so glad, I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete