Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hoppy Breezy Kisses!

I had a piece of DCWV Old World paper sitting on my desk when I pulled out today's colors (Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, and Not Quite Navy), so I just went with the flow and made this Treehouse Stamps Hoppy Kisses card using PCP's sketch from this weekend. I colored the frogs using prisma color pencils and baby oil....they came out a little brighter than I would have liked, so I sponged them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist to try to tone them down a little. They still are a bit brighter than I'd like but it's liveable! It is actually kinda pretty IRL if frogs can be called pretty (yes, Sharon, you said it!)...it is quite shimmery, and for some reason cards like this with lots of color/texture are very difficult to get a good picture of. They always end up looking very grainy and strange.

Wait until you see all the fun going on at Tree House! I am in the process of putting together my order of goodies from all the fabulous new stuff and I'm having a *time* deciding! New stamp sets, including Lelo, RAM, and Sarah Kay, along with copics, kits of paper/ribbon/glitter, and more!

Earlier this morning I stamped a card for my friends Brad and Ellen...they had to put their dog Pooch down, and I have had them on my heart ever since. I just wanted a simple card that would let them know that I'm thinking of them...I thought this Inkadinkado pooch would maybe give them a smile. I'm hoping the charm looks sorta like a *dogtag*. I LOVE these Basic Grey Archaic papers. Pooch was stamped three times so that his face could be cut out and popped up for dimension, and his ear popped up on top of that. I like the rustic colors and the no-frills design and hope that they will too.

Matthew spent his afternoon up at the highschool auditioning for a part in Seussical the Musical! We homeschool, so getting to participate in this production is a big deal! For his audition, he sang the Cowardly Lion's song, If I Were King, from the Wizard of Oz. He was called back to read for 4 or 5 parts...and thinks he did well, although we won't know anything until Thursday or Friday, so please wish him luck!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Deb!! Stop by my blog for a surprise!! Love the Hoppy card-- I haven't used the colors yet, so I'll have to try one later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great... I especially looove that doggy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cute those cards are!! I love them both!! That hoppy card is my fav!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hoppy card!!! How sad about your friends dog. I'm sure they will find some comfort in this sweet card. Great news about Matthew...I'll keep my fingers crossed for him! :)
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete