Saturday, December 20, 2008

Whew! I Survived the Post Office!

It was certainly an adventure at the Post Office earlier today...I am grateful that I was able to ship my box with the assurance that it would arrive before Christmas morning. Thank God for the machine that lets you weigh and pay on your own! Otherwise, it probably would have been late...I arrived about 5 minutes after the clerks' stations closed.

I stamped this sympathy card this afternoon...my SIL's father passed away last weekend, and I wanted to make something for her that would let her know she is on my heart and in my prayers. My new Basic Grey Archaic pack had this *menswear* plaid, so I distress inked it, stitched a double row of straight stitching along the edge of the paper, and added some buttons from Patrick's worn out linen shirt that I had already cut apart (previous post!). Sympathy cards are quite a challenge for me, so I'm relieved to have this one finished. I still need to make her a birthday card...hers is two days after Christmas. I'm sure it will be a bittersweet day after her recent loss, but it is still definitely something to celebrate.

I am still hoping to make several gift card holders, hopefully that will fit with today's challenge and/or the new Holiday Extravaganza challenges. Lots of fun stuff going on to relieve that holiday stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment