Friday, December 12, 2008

I recycled Ralph Lauren!

To my husband's dismay, I am always saving things that I think might become *useful.* Several months ago he decided to throw away a well-worn designer shirt, and I just couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of it! It seemed to me that there had to be some perfectly good use for this worn out shirt, so I quickly (when he wasn't looking, or it would have been an argument *wink*) threw it into the corner of my craft closet.

When Dawn issued her challenge to reuse or recycle something in today's limited supplies card, I knew right where to look! Just a snip and a rip and it was ready to go! I also clipped the buttons off, but they were too pale for this rich plaid paper so they'll have to wait their turn! These Moxxie burgundy buttons are from one of my favorite LSS, Scrap n Stuff.


This Studio G $1 stamp is one of the treasures from my shopping trip to Michael's yesterday! The paper is left over from two Christmases ago. I straight-stitched and zig-zagged, tied on some raffia, and I think I'm finished! I kept trying to add more but it just didn't seem to fit, so I quit!

Here's a close-up of the raggedy edges and machine stitching. This one will cost way more to mail than it was to make! ;)

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! this turned out so beautiful!! Love your design and I love it when I find something around the house to re-use as projects!! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! what a clever and cheeky card using hubbys shirt!!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious! The card is fab-o!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your recycled shirt! Terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant!!! I love those frayed edges, and that tree with that plaid bg is just perfect!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete