Thursday, December 18, 2008

More...with measurements


Yesterday's post featured a single of the project that I finished working on today...here are 20 (minus one already gifted) of the little emery board sleeves that I made for my Bible study ladies. My prayer is that these will be something they'll come across often that will let them know how much I appreciate them. I love them all so much and they play such an important role in my life. They encourage me and hold me accountable in my Christian walk, and they're also just plain fun to be with!

Here are the measurements, if you'd like to make one of these yourself:
  • pink cardstock, 3" x 7.5", scored parallel to the long edge at 1, 1.25, 2.25 and 2.5 inches
  • 2 pieces of patterned paper, 7/8" x 7.25", only one of which is notched at one end with the 3/4" circle punch
  • scraps of coordinating patterned paper to layer for a belly band (mine were approximately 1" x 3" and 1.25" x 3")
Fold the scored lines using a bone folder. Next, put some mono multi glue along the inside of the length of the narrow edge...the longer piece will butt inside all the way to the corner and help keep the box square with this shorter piece glued to the top on the outside. Glue the decorative pieces of paper on top, then glue the bottom shut and crimp just a couple of clicks. Wrap the belly band around, gluing the edges together. Tie with ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea and so very pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a thoughtful gift! I'm sure the ladies will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable Deb! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely DARLING!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete