Friday, December 5, 2008

SNOW! Just kidding!

My friend Wendy and her daughter Amelia hosted today's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge, which was to make something monochromatic using snowflakes...we could use only snowflake patterned paper, snowflake stamps, and a one word sentiment.

Remember way back, when we did these medallions and I was making cards w/ this old patterned paper? Well, that's how long this project has been sitting at the edge of my desk! I started it and got stumped, set it aside and didn't touch it until this morning. Today's challenge simply demanded that it be completed.

I glued a scrap of patterned paper onto a Basic Grey chipboard tag and penned a little dot-dash pattern along the edge with a white pen. Made a huge mess spreading mono multi glue onto some RAK gift white chipboard letters and sparkling them up with dazzling diamonds glitter. I punched a few vellum snowflakes with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch, then added glittery snowflake brads and clear rhinestones to their centers. For the hanger I tied a bow and attached my already made triangle medallion to it with another snowflake brad, and voila! I still have to do something (paper, paint, etc) to cover the chipboard back, but I do think I like it! So glad it finally came together!

My fellow design team mate Lori is hosting today's PCP challenge, which is to use maids a'milking cows for the 8th Day of Christmas...go take a peek! I'm headed back to the stamp room!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Great work on the challenge. I'm so far behind on challenges everywhere this week, but saw this challenge from Wendy this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing along:)

    ReplyDelete