Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On the 6th day of Christmas...

I don't have any geese stamps except for a small one that says *from the kitchen of...* that I didn't want to use for this card! I have to laugh, because when we (the DTs of the companies sponsoring prizes at PCP) were told in advance what these challenges would be, I had prepared a *defense* about my choice of stamps for this challenge. We were to make a card regarding geese, hunting, wildlife, etc., so I decided that my strategy would be to point out the fact that owls are great hunters, and that this particular romantic guy had searched high and low to find his one true love! ;) I thought I was gonna have to work hard to sell my logic.

As it turns out, they posted this challenge differently than they did the original call...they challenged us to use birds, so I don't have to try to convince you that this works after all!

These adorable lovebirds are from a new set, Owlentine, recently released at Tree House Stamps. I used Ashley's recent sketch with some left-over designer paper for my layout, and watercolored the owls...don't you love their blingy eyes and her blue eyeshadow?!

Thanks for visiting! Tomorrow the swans'll be swimming.....

5 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I love this dp you used!

    Btw, I have left an award for you over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaawwweee I loved your little blurb about the owls and finding his true love...it fits thebcard perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your watercoloring. It is beautiful on these owls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love those owls and your color combo! :D

    ReplyDelete