Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Baker's Dozen!

Today is the last of PCP's 12 Days of Christmas challenges. I really hate to see them come to a close. I have enjoyed them so much and they have added some fun cards to my Christmas and every-day card stashes. I was very happy to be able to combine today's PCP challenge with SCS's Color Challenge for this card.

Season of Friendship is probably my favorite set from this year's holiday mini. It's so versatile! Today I sponged in some clouds using a mask, then stamped the tree in chocolate chip and added some taken with teal snowflakes. PCP's challenge called for 12 embellishments, but there's an extra snowflake here! I stamped the bird in real red, cut it out, and tucked him in the bare branches. The sentiment was stamped in two colors using markers directly to the stamp, and the card was finished off with some punched snowflakes, pretty ribbon, and lots of bling and stickles. A simple design, but I really like how it turned out!

I'm off to the first Christmas party of the season! Blessings!

7 comments:

  1. Wow card Deb!! I love this tree and how you stamped it! Great embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card... i love your work hun and you know it... tfs this wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh....love this set in these colors and your snowy background is just perfect!! What a beautiful card!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card is FANTASTIC! I love the whole thing! You're right...this is a great versitile set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous. I love the tree and the little bird!!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete