Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Tree for Henry

I have been filled with sadness and overwhelmed with grief for my friend and former design team mate Sarah Anderson, whose 3 1/2 year old son Henry passed away on Monday. He was a happy, seemingly healthy child on Thursday, awoke with fever and vomiting on Friday, and by Sunday was having difficulty breathing. Monday morning doctors performed surgery on his heart in an effort to save him, but his little body had just had enough.

Henry was an amazing child! He was an avid Star Wars fan, with Mickey Mouse a close second. He loved visiting the Menominee Park Zoo where he would watch the feeding and care given to the various animals. Friends are gathering funds to purchase a memorial tree at the zoo in his honor.

If you would like to contribute toward the purchase of Henry's memorial, click on the giraffe image at the top of the sidebar on the right. This digital stamp is available for purchase from Pink Cat Studios, and we invite you to make a card in Henry's honor. My card was made using card stock from cutcardstock.com and Cosmo Cricket designer paper from i {heart} papers. I heat-set the printed image and colored it with Copic markers. I hope it will bring Sarah, her husband Darrin and younger son Jack some small measure of comfort.

Whether or not you contribute toward Henry's memorial, there is one huge thing that you can do for his family...please whisper a prayer for them, that they will find strength in the days to come, and God's peace, just when they need Him most.

Blessings!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,

    I just purchased the digi image and will encourage others to do so as well. I'd heard about this terribly tragedy through my DT sisters at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. Unbelievable! They are in my prayers for sure.

    Your card is so beautiful.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, what a terrible tragedy. I'm going to purchase this stamp and will see Henry's sweet face everytime I use it. I am definitely keeping their family in my prayers. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did my comment not go through?? :( here it is again, my prayers go out to Henry's family, his case sounds almost identical to a healthy 5 yr old fgirl who died a few days later from H1N1 complications here in Austin, i am going tobe doing a RAK request for her as well, thank you for letting me know, I bought the image and will be sending a card

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooooo cute Deb!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Deb! I'm sure Henry would've loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely precious, Deb. I'm so sad and sorry to read about your friends's tragedy. I will certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ths is beautiful Deb. Your write up is beautiful. They are in my prayers.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so fabulous Deb! Love this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((Deb))) So much devastation in our world right now. This little guy's passing is just heartbreaking. Your beautiful tribute to Henry is medicine to my heart. Can I just say that I miss you? We need to talk sometime soon.

    Hugs!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so cute Deb, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tragic story. Your card paying tribute to him is adorable, just as Henry was. I will go and hug my girls now. We can't take everyday we have with them for granted. Yet in spite of what's happened, God is good ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my GOODNESS! Sarah was a blog follower of mine, and I hers. This is so heartwrenching. I will definately make a card for this sad ocassion. Thank you for letting us know. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb - your tribute to Henry is beautiful! I will go purchase the image and keep them in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb what a gorgeous card you have created for Sarah and her family! I heart truly aches for the Anderson's as Sarah and I have worked together on a past DT and she is such a lovely and caring person! I can't imagine what they are going through! I also have some special blog candy for a cause on my blog if you'd like to come and take a peek.
    Hugs~ Kim
    My Blog.

    ReplyDelete