Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Center Stage Spotlight Blog Hop!

I am so excited to be part of the current Center Stage Spotlight Design Team, and that Jessica Fick, the Design Team Coordinator for GinaK Designs, has invited all of the past and present Center Stage Spotlight artists to participate in this blog hop! I am sure that you'll see all kinds of incredible inspiration along the way! Talk about creativity! It certainly makes one hope to stretch and grow, being among these amazing artists!

The challenge that Jessica issued to us was to make a Christmas card using one of these sketches.













I wanted to use an image I had not yet worked with, so I grabbed the ornaments from Asela's set, First Christmas, the Prismas, odorless mineral spirits, and some rub-on gold metallic paste.

They came out soft and shimmery...and they look quite elegant when paired with Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses designer paper, some gold card stock, and a gold-embossed music score from Nina's Vintage Borders. My nesties got quite the workout too!

I am having such a great time with my Gina K new release stamps! I'm grateful for the friendships I'm making as part of this team, and I will be looking forward to our monthly hops! I hope you'll be a return visitor!

You're going to LOVE what everyone has designed for tonight! Here are the links for GinaK's Current CSS Team Members:

Deb Felts (you're here!)
Diana S. Queen
Karen Knegten
Melissa Cash
Sharri Seffens
Sue VanDeVusse

and the links for all of the past CSS Design Team members participating:

Brenda Turner
Carla Suto
Carolina Buchting
Charlene Merrick
Dawn Lusk
DeeMarie Kelemen
Geri Utterback
Giovanna Smith
Janice Melton
JenMarie Taylor
Jennie Harper
Joy Hadden
Kay Simmons
Linda Payne
Lori McAree
Melisa Waldorf
Pam Imholz
Selma Stevenson
Shannon Bracken
Shelly Wilson
Sue Walsh
Tina Gilliland

Some of GinaK's Senior Design Team Members and Illustrators wanted to get in on the fun tonight too:

Asela Hopkins
Carolyn King
Cindy Lawrence
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Nina Brackett
Melanie Muenchinger

along with Nina Brackett's Guest Designer, Lisa Hjulberg and GinaK herself!

All of these gorgeous cards from the entire team will be added to the StampTV gallery throughout the next few days with the tag cssjf1 (which stands for center stage spotlight jessica fick 1)

These sketches are also our sketch challenge for this week, so be sure to check out all the information in the discussion in our Challenge group over on StampTV Thursday morning. We'd love to see your cards with the sketch too!

43 comments:

  1. Absolutely creative and beautiful Deb! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, Deb!!! Thank you so much for joining in the hop tonight! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Deb! I love the layered ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this just sparkles in person, wonderful card Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlin' Deb!!! Love the gold ribbon, such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Deb! Love the ornaments. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! They really look great w/this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty! Gorgeous color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! What an absolutely gorgeous card! I can't say which part of it I like the best, cuz I love EVERYTHING you did with this! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and elegant Deb! I love the colors and the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, lovely texture effect with the shimmery shimmery ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, this is so beautifully elegant. Love those shimmery ornaments with the gold and that pretty dp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goegeous card, Deb! Love the elegant ornaments and the beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deb I love the colors you worked with - beautiful card - love the metallic paste to highlight the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. Love the layered ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - this is just so very elegant and I'm loving this color combination. Your shimmery gold bow is the perfect compliment to this fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous color combo Deb! So very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Deb, this is just gorgeous! Love the background you created with the musical score in gold with this dp. Your ornaments are fabulous looking and this card is AMAZing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Deb, your card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! Love that swirly paper.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way you interpreted the sketch, especially the layer ordering with the nesties, ribbon, and ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, I didn't even see the gold music when I first saw this card in the gallery. Wonderful detail and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic card...love the shimmery effect Sherry L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So rich and beautiful, Deb! I love the colors, and I bet the shimmer irl is amazing with that gold metallic paste. A card fit for royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful colors, gorgeous ornaments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deb, This is beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohhh gosh Deb!!! This grouping of the beautiful ornaments is fabulous!!!! Perfectly elegant bg for them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous, gorgeous card, Deb! I have yet to ink up that image either; but you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful Deb!!! Love the gorgeous colors! Great way to use those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love those shimmery bulbs! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Deb- It is amazing what you have done with these ornaments- just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card!!! Love that shimmer.

    ReplyDelete