Sunday, November 29, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

It's time for another Banana Split Sunday challenge, and if you're like me, you're happy that it involves Christmas cards! I still need to make a few more, so I am happy that many challenge coordinators are keeping us procrastinators in mind as December approaches! ;)

I had so much fun coloring today's image! When I was about 6 years old and in first grade, they stood me on a stool in a red and white flannel gown and had me sing *I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus* for the school Christmas program. When I first saw Penny's Christmas Tree, for whatever reason, that was the first thought that came to mind! I thought this cute Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly paper would be perfect for paper piecing her pj's, along with some liquid applique fluff for the cuffs, collar and hemline. I colored the rest of the image with Copic markers, adding a little Spica sparkle to the bow, star, and Penny's eyes. I used a gold gel pen to dot in some beaded garland, and used pearls of graduated sizes to add ornaments to the tree.

As simple as it is, I wrestled with the layout of this card. Maybe that's exactly why...it wanted to be simple and I kept fiddling around trying to add more. I finally added a big stitched twill bow and a sparkling snowflake and declared it finished.

Visit the Banana Blog to see the creations from our other designers. You'll want to link your card there so you'll be eligible to win this week's prize, Penny's Christmas Tree!

1 comment:

  1. You card is amazing, Deb! I love the jammies:) In fact, I love it all! The paper piecing, the bow, the papers, your coloring ... you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete