Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Color Dare #44

Just as I was about to start my Color Dare card for the week, I got an email from Kendra asking our OCL designers if they had any samples of the set Giving Thanks to share on the OCL blog...it's this week's Spotlight Set of the Week. After considering this week's colors (So Saffron, Soft Suede, and Real Red) I thought hmmm...I could make this work!

It LOOKS like I cheated and added some orange, but I didn't! I love that about prisma pencils! I colored red and yellow on opposite ends of the leaves and blended them toward the center and they made a beautiful, soft orange that is perfect for this image. That smooth transition of color is one of the things that drew me to this medium in the first place!

I wanted this layout to be relatively clean and simple, so I chose to mat my image with some layers of square Nesties backed with a little bit of texture. The light, open space really makes the colored image stand out. I actually tried adding a bit of red (ribbon, buttons, paper) to the mix but it overpowered the softness of the image, so I went some So Saffron ribbon embellished with a Basic Grey button that was a perfect match for the Soft Suede.

Giving Thanks is from OCL's Winter Release...but just this weekend we had our brand new Valentine Release! Kate from i {heart} papers is carrying every set of this new release! You should go check 'em all out! AND...she's having a big Black Friday Sale in a couple of days, so you can find great deals on some of your favorite papers and other card-making supplies! Watch for the discount code on ads that will run on SCS and PCP!

As you're reading this, I'm probably busy in the kitchen preparing for tomorrow's feast! This Fall wreath is a wonderful symbol of the beauty that surrounds us every day...we have so much to be thankful for! I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments: