Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sew Fabulous!


Today it's my turn to host one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges!  This was such a fun card to make using Asela's set, Sew Pretty, which she so generously gave to me...I'm so blessed that she does this quite often!  She is so sweet to share, and I am amazed at her talent!  Love you, girlfriend!

This image is a combination of paper piecing and Copic marker coloring/shading.  I just love it because it reminds me of the days (before child, LOL) when I sewed all of my own clothes...I loved browsing those big thick books for a pattern to use!

I've been on a Thrift Shop roll lately!  I kept this one monochromatic, adding lots of sponging and stitching to add some interest.  I wanted it to inspire thoughts of dainty, lacy feminine things, pearls, and corsages...and I just love how this rolled flower came out!  I am still debating whether to add a little dusting of clear Stickles sparkle to it!  You can barely see the pearl tucked deep into the center of it.  I'm in love with that gorgeous crinkle ribbon!  It makes the prettiest bows!

Notes:
October Afternoon Thrift Shop designer paper
Nestabilities classic rectangles
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers
Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink
Crinkle crepe ribbon
Kaiser pearls
MS border punch
Singer sewing machine



Here's another Dare to Get Dirty card that combines a couple of challenges.  Don't you just love the prints from Basic Grey's Olivia?  Inspired by this Lizzie Anne sentiment, I trimmed a trio of designs into one inch squares to make a little quilt with multiliner faux stitches.  A few colorful buttons, a little bit of black jute fiber (separated into single strands) and a bold black bow really brighten this CAS design.

7 comments:

  1. Fabbo job on both card, your challenge will be a huge hit I am sure, lovely work, lovely you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day! Beautiful card. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greate job on both cards, Deb! I love the quilt, and your paperpiecing on the first is fab!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb!

    You're cards are all gorgeous! Been a while since I've visited, and I was blown away with all of the beautiful projects you have posted. So inspiring!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW gorgeous are these??? Love the layouts, the colors - -all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such a gorgeous card style-this is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! SEW FABULOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete