Sunday, July 25, 2010

CHA!


Here are a couple of cards that I made for the Couture Cardstock booth at CHA before finding out that our team was being disbanded and the projects would not be needed...I'm sure that even though they're made with sets from last Fall, the Our Craft Lounge girls will be happy to have them in their CHA display!  As this post is going live, I'm boarding my plane, on my way to the Windy City!  Chicago, here we come!

I'll be helping to set up, working the booth and rooming with the OCL girls, and also spending some time walking the floor with the i {heart} papers team.  Can't tell you how excited I am to be spending time with my stamping friends!  It is so fun to actually meet in person the friends you've been chatting with online (or over the phone!)...when you finally meet IRL you feel like you've already known each other forever! 

If I had been free to do completely as I wished, I would have added the pop of some bright orange to these, but I was working on strict orders regarding what to use because the CCS booth had been carefully planned with regard to theme, color harmony, and project groupings...I absolutely adore stamping for Halloween, using these bright colors and sharp contrasts! 

No special techniques, except for the sign post which was cut from an extra tree trunk.  I tried to add lots of shading, depth, texture, layers, and detail to these cards.  They were so much fun to make, and I hope you've enjoyed seeing them!    

Notes:
Our Craft Lounge Holiday Cruiser, Ghostly Greetings, Granny's Potion, Peek a Boo
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers
My Mind's Eye Meadowlark patterned paper 
Silk ribbon
Zva Creative crystals
Stickles
We R Memory Keepers flocked lace (for the "road!")
MS web punch
exacto knife

3 comments:

  1. I still think its stinky that after all that hard work getting ready for CHA they dissolved the team, but I'm glad we get to enjoy your work here on your blog! Gorgeous!!!

    Have fun at CHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards and have fun at CHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet and fun cards! Wishing you a really fun time at CHA! How exciting! Can't wait to see everyone's photos!

    ReplyDelete