Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lizzie Anne Design Team Challenge


On the 17th of each month, the Lizzie Anne Designs girls participate in a design team challenge. This month our challenge is to use a product on your card that is not a typical go-to product for cardmaking.

At first I thought I'd use a birthday candle, but the only one I had was a big thick number 3.  Nevermind that!  Then I decided to use some beads for a bookmark, but I didn't really like the way that turned out.

Finally I went digging in my craft stash through all the stuff I normally use for wood-working.  I found this thin gold wire,which inspired me to use this cute bee and matching sentiment from the sixlet, Great Expectations.

I pulled several other things out of the stamping stash...I've had the ghost flowers for forever, and bought this "cute" ribbon right back in February when Lucky You (and the bee tree) was released.  The Max and Whiskers designer paper and paper tape trim are more recent purchases.  I also used Memento ink, Copic markers, and eyeliner black Sparkly Fluff.

It made me smile when I saw that the very first Dare to Get Dirty 2010 challenge (Lost and Found) fits right in with today's LAD DT challenge.  Current and former Dirty Dozen girls will be hosting challenges through the weekend and beginning of the week, so be sure to check them out and play along!  It is gonna be a bunch of fun!

Be sure to visit the LAD blog to see who's playing along in today's DT challenge...can't wait to see what they came up with!

4 comments:

  1. This turned out adorable! Yes this was clearly a challenge for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the wire!!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the ghost flowers. i need to pull those out. thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete