Thursday, July 8, 2010

One HOT Tomato!


Hehe!  This little Lizzie Anne Designs image and adorable sentiment (Simply Sweet Monthly Mix) is SO cute, just makes me smile...since my husband is of Italian heritage and LOVES to cook, I think it's just perfect for a fun and dare I say sexy little card! 

I stamped the tomato with Memento ink, colored with Copic markers and cut it out with paper snips.  [If you accidentally snip off a little of the line-art edge, a multi-liner works great to fix your mistake!  Ask me how I know!  ;) ]  I matted it with a Nestabilities classic circle and nested blossom, then set it atop the intersection of some brightly colored Garden Variety papers (SCS Sketch #38).  Everything was distressed lightly with Tim Holtz tea dye ink.  I used traditional markers directly to the stamp to bring some bright color to the sentiment and added a tiny jute bow just for fun.

This image would be cute on a recipe box or little cookbook cover...we have lots of great tomato-based recipes, including fresh tomato-basil-mozzarella salad and some scrumptious marinara, and it would be fun to gather some of them into a pretty paper-crafted collection!

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Deb! I love this cute little tomato with the smile!! Your dp of the veggies is adorable. I think the card is a little sexy too! What fun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable card! Love the paper and the simple sentiment which packs a punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and fabulous!! Love the tomato and papers.
    This will work for today's WT challenge on SCS to use yellow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hated tomatoes as a kid but now i love em! love this card!

    dropping in to wish you a happy belated birthday, I hope the celebration continues!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete