Saturday, July 31, 2010

Have a Ball!


Sometimes an idea will come outta the blue that you just HAVE to try, and this beach volleyball card was exactly that!  I've had that fiber mesh for forEVER, and when I first saw summer4Fun I wondered whether I could use some little skewers and this stuff to construct a net.

I used Copic markers to color the ball in traditional beach ball colors...an EK border punch gave a wavy edge to the horizon where sand (GinaK card stock) meets water and sky (a scrap of Basic Grey designer paper). I stamped the sentiment (and immediately wished I would have stamped it a little lower) in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then punched a couple of holes for the stakes.  It is difficult to tell from the photo, but the entire layer is attached to the card base with foam tape.  

I think this is one where idea was probably better than execution!  The skewers caused the card stock to buckle just a bit, and the netting was difficult to adequately secure without the adhesive being visible.  Still, it came out fun and different!  A beach volleyball fanatic would probably love it!  ;)

5 comments: