Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Couture Cardstock

It was only a couple of months ago that I excitedly shared the news that I was joining the Couture Cardstock team, and now I'm sharing sad news. Major financial changes within the parent company, Cardstock Warehouse, have been made, and major restructuring of Cardstock Warehouse is occurring. Despite the recent warm welcome that Couture Cardstock received in the industry, the new structure is leading the company in a direction that eliminates the positions of all the former staff (including Couture President CarrieAnne DeLoach).

It is uncertain what the long-term future of Couture Cardstock or Cardstock Warehouse will be.  Questions may be posed to Cardstock Warehouse staff directly.

It took me a few days to gather my thoughts for this post...the news came completely "out of the blue" when all of us were on a creative high, busy making Couture Cardstock projects for CHA.  It knocked the wind out of my sails and put me in a bit of a melancholy mood for more than a few days.  When that happens it is difficult to create, but it is the very act of creating that lifts the somberness...whether it be lifting voice in song, or putting stamp and ink to paper.

There's always a silver lining, and here the "positive note" is that I met some absolutely amazing designers and made treasured, lasting friendships.  I enjoyed every second that I served on this design team, and I will look forward to seeing where each artist's creative path leads.  To all of you, blessings and warm wishes!

1 comment: