Tuesday, May 15, 2012

ihp DT Challenge!

Welcome to this month's i {heart} papers Design Team Challenge!  Because there are lots of good things going on at ihp, this is a lengthy post!  Along with our challenge featuring Kim Hughes' Paper Smooches stamps, there is also a Gourmet Rubber Stamps "appetizers" release, the introduction of our new "rewards from the {heart}" program, and a great big Spring Cleaning sale!  Be sure to read carefully so you catch all the great details!


First up is my card for our design team challenge using the newest set from Paper Smooches' Kismet Collection along with a sentiment from Get Outta Town!  S'mores definitely take me to my happy place!  :)  This layout is very loosely based on this week's Sparks sketch.  I used a couple of prints from Echo Park's Hello Summer along with a leftover scrap of bright green to contrast with those sparkly Stickle flames.  I love that Stickles are transparent enough to let the Copic shading show through from underneath!

Notes:
Paper Smooches' Happy CamperGet Outta Town
Echo Park's Hello Summer designer paper
twine
button

Visit my design team mates to see more ideas with Paper Smooches' stamps!  I've included their links at the end of my post!  I have a couple more cards for you before you go!

Gourmet Rubber Stamps is releasing two great appetizer sets this month, and you can find them both at i {heart} papers!   Strawberry Sweet looks so soft and pretty when paired with the pale pastels of My Mind's Eye Be Happy designer paper.  This layout is SC304.

Notes:
Gourmet Rubber Stamps Strawberry Sweet 
My Mind's Eye Be Happy designer paper
Copic blending paper
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers
Spellbinders petite ovals small and large
Creative Impressions mint glimmer ribbon
twine
button


I used GRS' other new appetizer set, Happy Independence, for this week's CPS sketch.  The sentiment was colored directly with markers, then stamped, trimmed and distressed with Ranger distress ink.  After constructing my card, I spritzed it with Shimmer spray.  I had to really quickly whip out the heat tool because I didn't even think about it causing the water-based markers to run...I rarely use them anymore, since I really LOVE my Copics!  Ha! That's justification enough for me to buy those distress ink markers that I've been longing for!  Would not have this problem if I had those!  ;)

Notes:
Gourmet Rubber Stamps Happy Independence
Echo Park Dots and Stripes
scrap of yellow stripe
markers
Ranger distress ink
Shimmer spray
twine
button
corner rounder

My GRS design team mates have some beautiful cards to share with our two new appetizer sets, so be sure to visit them and the GRS blog for more inspiration!


Join us for our Spring Cleaning Sale! Beginning today, May 15th through May 19th. Save up to 50% on selected items and as always, free US shipping with your $60 order!


All stamps 15% off! Spellbinders 20% off! Alterables 25% off! Inks (Sorry, Copics are excluded due to the manufacturer's strict pricing rules) 10% off! 12x12 Collection Packs 15% off! 6x6 and 8x8 pads 10% off! Embossing folders 30% off! And much more!

PLUS! Have you heard about IHP's new rewards from the {heart} referral rewards program? If you love IHP and are looking for another reason to spread the word to your friends, you’ll now be rewarded for doing just that! With our new rewards from the {heart}, simply refer a new customer and earn 10% of their first order placed in the form of a gift certificate. Just have them list you in the “how did you hear about us” section at checkout and 10% of their order will be given back to you as a thank you.

Here are the nitty-gritty rewards from the {heart}details: they must list you at time of checkout; rewards are not valid for any past sales and are only valid for their first order -- but you can refer as many people as you like! There is no limit to the rewards you can earn. We appreciate that you love IHP and want to give back when you share the love. Enjoy, and thanks!

Here are those links I promised:

12 comments:

  1. Wow...look at you with all of this creativity! I just adore your first card...your campfire is darling and the glittery look gives it real HEAT! Those marshmellows are colored so well, I could just take a bite. Thank you for your sweet, kind comment on my post...your words are like a healing tonic to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards today Miss Deb! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All great cards! I want one of those marshmallows now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute cards Deb! Love the bright colors on your first one. Makes me long for some smores now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab selection....there all brilliant..hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! you've been busy Deb making all these beautiful cards! I think I need those distressed markers too and those smores! big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' all those cards! :) I love all your stuff girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cards overload! These are awesome! I love your Stickled flames! And your GRS cards are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sparkly flames on your campfire! The GRS cards are fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, cute cards (you busy little beaver!) love the glittery fire on the first one! Chocolate- definitely MY happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, that first card is just plain adorable!

    ReplyDelete