Wednesday, May 9, 2012

#1 Sports Fan!


You already know that I love Granny, but Gramps is pretty fun too! You might think that the recent NFL draft is what prompted this card, or maybe Father’s Day which is a month away, but that isn’t the case! This card is for 11 year old Alexis, an avid Jacksonville Jaguars fan who has Neurofibromatosis. I learned of her illness and recent surgery through a friend who regularly sends prayer requests via email, and realized after reading her story that she is the daughter of a waiter who regularly serves us when we go to one of our favorite local restaurants!  I hope a hand-made card will cheer her up!  Feel better Alexis!  We are praying for you and your family!

Authentique's Free Bird designer print series "Comfort and Familiar" has some patterns in colors that are just perfect for Jaguars fans! Here, a chevron design doubles as carpet!  I added some texture to the background with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and then lined up a row of football accents...I was inspired by SCS sketch 330, although I added a fourth pigskin to balance my layout.  Four balls, four downs...LOL!

I'm not the only one "makin' a scene" with this Our Craft Lounge single!  My design team mates' cards are amazing, and I've put together a post on the OCL Blog including my card for Alexis and several of theirs... you need to go see 'em!  Gorgeous coloring and ingenious creativity!

You can find #1 Sports Fan and supplies for cards in YOUR team colors at i {heart} papers!

Notes:
#1 Sports Fan
Copic blending card stock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers
Tim Holtz distress ink
Authentique's Comfort and Familiar designer paper pad
Cuttlebug, no shims mat and texture folder for dry embossing
dimensional adhesive

1 comment: