Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oldies but Goodies Blog Hop!


I stamped a couple of cards for Our Craft Lounge's back-to-school challenge, and then didn't get to blog them before a new OCL challenge was posted, but they fit perfectly for our DIVAS Oldies But Goodies blog hop theme!  Yay!  I love it when things work out that way!


If you arrived from Mary's blog, you're in the right spot!  To start at the beginning, go to Carolyn's!

Both of my cards were inspired by the inspiration photo, a rainbow of crayons.  Neither card uses traditional back-to-school images, but they each brought back great homeschooling memories for me and took me a long way back into my stash of stamping supplies too!

That ROYGBIV line-up of crayons reminded me of a science lesson that I taught for our homeschool co-op on light!  I had the perfect Echo Park designer paper and OCL sentiment for a CAS rainbow card!   The sentiment comes from the very first OCL set I ever owned, Ducky Days!  The paper was released a couple of CHA's ago, so it has been around for a little while too! 

While I was looking for the rainbow paper for my ROYGBIV card, I came across a pattern that made me think of another lesson I taught at co-op, on the water cycle, so I made another CAS card for the same challenge!  The very same sentiment worked for this one as well!    


Ah, we miss those earlier days of homeschooling!  He's a senior now...his subjects are much harder and not nearly as much fun!   

I hope you are enjoying the Oldies But Goodies hop that the DIVAS have put together!  You've got one more stop!  Next you're visiting my friend,  Chrissy!  She's an amazing stamper, and a true friend!  xoxoxo

Notes:  
Our Craft Lounge Ducky Days
Echo Park designer papers
Gina K card stock
Memento ink
Copic markers
May Arts ribbon
twine
buttons

12 comments:

  1. Both of these are so pretty Deb ~ I love the vibrant cheery colors! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Deb, these colors just make you smile! Wonderful cards! Such a treat to be "hopping" with you today! Blessings to you, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I love the color box colors; they are always so fresh and take me back to simpler times! Both cards are fantastic and I'm glad you were able to share them on the DIVAS hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these cards. They are both a great way to show how to feature beautiful printed paper. Thanks for joining us on the hop. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both awesome cards, Deb!! I love the primary colors!! I love the stripes, Bow and umbrella charm on the top one. Love the DP on the bottom one, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Deb- these are wonderful! LOVE the bright colors you've used. That striped paper is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh love the papers and that sentiment! Perfect to go together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love em both Deb! Love the top with the big perfect bow! delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How creative, Deb! I love each one of your cards and their simplicity. Thanks for the reminder to look for the simpler expression of greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are BEAUTIFUL, and that sentiment is one of my all time faves!!! I love the stylish simplicity of both creations and the bright, cheerful colors:) These beauties would definitely wash away the rain clouds and bring in the sunshine!! I love them both!!! Thank you for all the lovely inspiration!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really went to town with ROYGBIV and I love how you played up the sentiment perfectly!! What a small, thoughtful and cheerful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wonderful. Love the cheery colors and what perfect papers.

    ReplyDelete