Sunday, September 4, 2011

Merry & Bright!


It's Labor Day weekend, and I hope you're having a good one!  Mine has been great so far!  I spent Friday night stamping with my friend, Latisha, and then yesterday drove down to Ormond Beach to see my childhood BFF, Hope, who is celebrating Labor Day weekend at a beach hotel with a bunch of her friends and family.  We took our ukuleles and I played for most of the afternoon...it was such a perfect setting to strum away and enjoy the sun and surf!  I think I managed to get Hope's grandson hooked, so he'll be begging for his own ukulele before long!  ;)

Once this weekend is over, it will be back to school for the rest of you who haven't started yet!  Our county started August 16!  We were still in Michigan on that date, and started our homeschooling year the following week.  It is so hard to get back into a structured schedule with chorus and sax lessons!

Gina K's Back-to-School incentive stamp sale continues through the rest of this Labor Day weekend!  Today's card was made using Merry & Bright, one of three incentive sets available with a $35 purchase.  See the rest of the sets and details of the sale here!  You'll also find the list of participating designers for today's hop, as well as those who participated in the hops Friday and Saturday, so you can get lots of great ideas for using these gorgeous stamp sets!

Enjoy the rest of your long holiday weekend!  Stay safe!

Notes:
GKD incentive stamp Merry & Bright
Pure Luxury card stock in ivory
Echo Park For the Record designer paper
BoBunny designer paper scrap
scrap of gold metallic paper
Spellbinders classic circles, picot edged circles (thanks Latisha! <3)
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger tea-dye distress ink
Copic markers
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz
Kaiser Craft lace
BoBunny pearls
May Arts burlap string
paper crimper

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I had to stop by to tell you your card is so pretty. I love that lacey circle. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Was wondering if the ornament you stamped the sentiment on is another stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love that shade of green and the slight distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooooooo pretty, I just love the non traditional colors, that striped DP is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Deb! (Love the rest of your new cards, too.) I have my Merry and Bright set and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete