Friday, September 9, 2011

CSS Blog Hop!


Welcome to Gina K's CenterStage Spotlight Alumni hop!  You should've arrived from Cheri's...if not, visit the StampTV forum to start at the beginning!

Tonight's hop features an inspiration challenge!  Look at this gorgeous inspiration photo of a luxurious Pier 1 Imports bedroom!  The tufted headboard, wool rug, dressmaker's form, and the cool gray-blue/warm cinnamon-brown color scheme caught my eye.  I love the contrast between dark and light, and the interesting textures throughout the room, which create a semi-formal yet still relaxed atmosphere.

I chose a beautiful floral paper to mimic the rug, and a cool gray-blue solid, cut with a Nestabilities label and scored with a Scor Buddy, to bring the texture of the tufted headboard and quilt to my card.  The gray seemed a bit too cool for the colors of the floral print, so I sponged it with tea-dye distress ink to warm it up slightly before removing it from the die.  I used a lined block to stamp the sentiment, but if you prefer, you can use a stamp-a-ma-jig.

This dress form is one of my all-time favorite GKD images!  Fussy-cutting isn't my thing, but it looks so delicate and feminine that the time it takes to cut out all those beautiful scrolls is well worth the effort!

I really wanted to bring out the warm colors of the inspiration photo with a bit of rust-colored ribbon, but the options I had were either too red or too burgundy so I chose brown instead, accented with a button and jute bow.  Hopefully you can see some correlation between my card and the inspiration photo!

From here you're headed to Giovana's!  Enjoy the hop, and have a fabulous weekend!

Notes:
Gina K Designs Springtime Silhouettes
GKD Pure Luxury card stock in chocolate brown
Basic Grey Curio, Nordic Holiday designer paper pads
Scor Buddy
Memento Rich Cocoa ink
Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink
Nestabilities Labels 18
Mono multi glue (I use this on all my cards)
Pop Dots (these too!)
crinkle ribbon
button
jute thread

32 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Deb! I love the warm colors and the papers! The dress form image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dark/light contrast you've created here, Deb. And how you used the BG paper to mimic the rug. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a great idea to incorporate the dress maker's form -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful in the browns -- love that paper too

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these warm colors - and that dress form is perfect! really love this one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic vintage designs Deb!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb- Your card defintely displays the inspiration from the photo- simply fabulous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, love the vintage take on the inspiration photo! Your card turned out so lovely Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, Gorgeous card!! I love the browns and the vintage feel! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty elegant colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Deb. I love the color choices. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love your eye for the details! I didn't see the dress form in the picture. Great job interpreting the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How romatic this card is! I love the backgrnd paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my, Deb, this card is gorgeous! Love the colors and the dp you used. It is so warm and vintage-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Deb I didn't see the brown at first and have to say your card is stunning and made me look twice at the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow i love this card!! those are the colors that pop for me and glad to see how to use them!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the inspiration, Deb! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How stunning Deb!! LOVE that dp and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the way you mimicked the rug.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a different take and it is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card looks so rich! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card - love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful and feminine card, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely vintage card. Clean but not so simple and not cluttered at all. Colors blend so well. A real lady's card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Deb! Love the rich colors and you did a fabulous job fussy-cutting the dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The use of the dress form and rich coloured paper is great. The added touches with the ribbon and button gives the card softness and warmth. The paper used for the rug is incredible (almost a perfect match). Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous card, Deb!! Love the colours you highlighted from the picture, really warm and so pleasing. Great design!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete