Thursday, September 1, 2011

OCL Sneak Peeks, Day 2!

I love love LOVE to sing!  It is probably my FAVORITE thing to do, even more than stamping!  I especially love singing Christmas songs, although I admit I'm thankful that we live in Florida so it's not so cold when we go caroling!

This little guy is obviously joyfully singing his heart out!  I think he's so cute!  I wanted a simple card in bright traditional Christmas colors with the feel of an old familiar sweater...cozy, comfortable and warm, just the way the old familiar carols make me feel inside!  A little bit of tan leather and cool blue keeps it from being totally predictable!

Notes:
Sing With Joy!
Gina K Pure Luxury card stock
Echo Park For the Record designer paper
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers, multiliner
Nestabilities inverted wonky rectangle, classic circles
crocheted lace trim
satin ribbon
button from the stash!
May Arts burlap string
Recollections snowflake


Again, be sure to visit the Lounge for links to many more peeks by our fabulous OCL Design Team and amazing Guest Designers!  There are prizes to be had!  :)

28 comments:

  1. OMG...this card is adorable! Love how you can almost hear the singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He totally looks like he is singing his heart out, great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Deb, love this little guy!

    Pam H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super sweet is this??!! I especially love how you used the musical note as the snowflake center!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not sure if I am ready to think about winter yet, unlike you, I live in the north and we get winter weather!
    Cute card!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful, Deb! Love the color combination and the ribbon bow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb...your coloring is amazing. I love everything about this card from the boy's rosey cheeks to that gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect image for a stamper who loves to sing as much as you do! I like the border you added to that cool inverted wonky rectangle shape (have to pick that up myself one of these days), the delicate lace and perfectly tied bow and of course your fabulous coloring job Deb! Happy Labor Day weekend (almost).
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute and I love to sing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. Not much into carolers but you really made it work here.

    :) Gale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo CUTE!! I love to Carol too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super way awesome... as always.. I love to sing Christmas carols in my car all alone... it saves everyone elses ears... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this card! Great layering and colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, he is really having a good time carolling, isn't he? Love how you've dressed him up with your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The snowflake really sets this off! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. darling! The best place for me to carol is in the shower.. where no one can hear me but the dogs... or in the car with the window rolled up and a radio to help me stay in tune... LOL... Your card is just darling... wish we could have a day of winter around here.. 104 is not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute -- this little guy is just belting out that carol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too cute!! Love that image and the Wonky rectangle really works with the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card--our family likes to sing too.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great project! I love the colors and design.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete