Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ihp Design Team Challenge!


It's challenge day for the team from i {heart} papers. It's our first challenge since the new goodies from CHA have arrived, so this month we're hosting a "free" challenge.  That way everyone can play with their favorite new toys and tools!

Even in Florida, the last several days have been a bit cooler!  Can't help but look forward to the arrival of Fall!  I love these warm colors, and this time of year is truly my favorite for stamping!  Hopefully my card, with its distressed "Farmer's Market" yardstick designer paper and sign-post style sentiment, makes you think of a trip to the old country store!

The orange, gold and dark brown color scheme is the theme for this week's Our Craft Lounge challenge which fit perfectly with my plans to use my new Crate Paper designer paper and a new Fall Sunflower "single" from Our Craft Lounge.  I love these new smaller sized sets!  They are a little smaller and less expensive than a full sized stamp set, so if you want to order a handful of stamps for various occasions or themes, these make it more affordable!  They're made of cling rubber,  and most include not only a great line art image but several sentiments as well.  Summer CHA was the first time OCL has released this new mini format, and I think it was a great idea!

Notes:
Our Craft Lounge Fall Sunflower
Pumpkin Delight Sparkly Fluff
Crate Paper Farmhouse 6 x 6 designer paper pad
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger tea-dye distress ink
Copic markers
Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3
May Arts two-toned satin ribbon
Creative Impressions natural twine string
Curio button
sewing machine and thread

Visit my design team mates to see what gorgeousness they've concocted for you, and please leave a little love!
When you're finished browsing their blogs, visit the OCL blog for more information on playing this week's Fall Colors challenge!  

14 comments:

  1. WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I just love that sunflower & it looks fabulous trimmed. Hugs, Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So rustic and elegant at the same time! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Deb. Love the sunflower...my favorite fall flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb. I love your sunflower card girlie. Super pretty. Hope all is well.

    Hugs
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo very pretty! I'm not at all ready for fall but what can you do?! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh just gorgeous Deb!! Love these deeper fall tones you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique and fallish! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, Deb! The flower is fabulous and all your extra touches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous!!! Love that bit of ruler paper sticking out under the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the warm, fall feeling of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Deb! I really love this card. The colours are right up my preferred alley and your card layout is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete