Monday, September 26, 2011

Enchanting Witch!


I'm teaching a Copics class today at our newest LSS, The Enchanted Scrapbook!  We're using a really cute little witch whose wand is misbehaving!  One of the cards we're making is a z-fold design with a graveyard in the foreground and a starry sky background (Eat Cake Graphics stamps, Bella Blvd Too Cute to Spook "Quadrants"), which combine to make the perfect spooky setting for her spell-gone-awry!


These colors are some of my favorites to work with!  She looks completely different but even more wonderful with the colors all switched around!  I like this bolder, brighter version better!  If these had not been for a class, I would've used some darker purples for more contrast on the first version, but I was trying to keep the number of markers to fewer than a dozen, and make blending easier for beginners!  Most people find the deeper purples and reds a bit more challenging to work with.

I am really looking forward to teaching classes locally (at The Enchanted Scrapbook and also at Pictures in Time).  I hope to make lots of new stamping friends from the Jacksonville area!  I'll be sharing more cards soon for upcoming October classes!  

2 comments:

  1. These are such darling cards, Deb. I especially love the coloring in the second one!

    ReplyDelete