Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Santa's Magic Button


Here's a combo challenge card using "Santa's button" that my SIL Pam gave me for Christmas last year! I've been waiting for just the right image/sentiment with which to pair it...today's SCS color challenge (pink, red, and pear) and this week's Lizzie Anne sketch provided what seemed like the right opportunity.  It also qualifies for Lydia's Pink Holidays Hope You Can Cling To challenge. 

The Lizzie Anne Designs Christmas Magic sentiment was inked with markers directly to rubber, stamped on ivory card stock, cut out with an oval nestibilities die, and distress-inked with tattered rose ink before the die was removed.  I used several left-over Zva Creative clear rhinestone swirls that I colored with a pale olive Copic marker, along with a scrap of lace, some recycled flannel ribbon and more tulle (I've been on a tulle kick the last couple of days).

What do you think?  The button is a bit heavy but I still think the card came out kinda cute! Those swirls make me think of Rudolph's antlers!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is just lovely ,the flourishes do look like antlers.A really elegant card.

    Have a great week

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really adore this! Has a sweet vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete