Friday, October 8, 2010

CSS Blog Hop!


I canNOT tell you how honored, thrilled and beyond excited I am that the GinaK Designs CenterStage Spotlight design team is using one of my earlier cards as a sketch for this weekend's blog hop! Yipppeeee! I can't WAIT to see what they've done with my layout! The CSS team continually wows me...it is such a pleasure to call them my friends and always an honor to be among them, but especially so this weekend!

You should have arrived here from Cheri's...if you're jumping into the middle, make sure to catch the beginning by heading to Carla's!

Just call me Last Minute Lizzie for this one! Usually I have my card done at least the day before (yep, that's still LML by most standards!) but I just finished this one this afternoon! Things worked out great though! I was planning to take Asela's set, Sew Pretty, with me for our stamping outing this morning (Latisha joined us too), but as I was sorting sets and packing ink, I accidentally laid it aside and left it at home.  Asela offered to share her new set so I picked it up on the way home and hurried up to the studio to ink it up right away! Whew! I don't like being this close to the deadline, but how fun to get to use a brand new image!

Love love LOVE Asela's new set, Winter Wings! Isn't this blue jay just beautiful?!  My coloring is a shameless CASE of hers (with permission!), although I'm not the Copic master that she is! I made a mask and overstamped Nina's music from last Christmas (another favorite) using stamped-off Ranger tea dye ink...it came out a little warmer than the rest of the papers I intended to use, so I sponged everything to try to tie the design together. It looked like a better match until I walked outside into natural light to take the picture! I think I probably could have been a little heavier-handed with the distress ink on the designer paper...it actually matches better IRL!

AND...ugh!  I realized at about 8:30 (when it was pitch dark) that I didn't color this sweet songbird's beak!  So just pretend it's orange, ok?!  I'll have to fix that and take a new picture in the morning!

Notes:
Asela's set, Winter Wings
Nina's set, Vintage Borders
Melissa Frances' Home for the Holidays 6 x 6 designer paper pad
Graphic 45 Christmas Past "The Night Before Christmas" (dots) designer paper
GinaK Pure Luxury card stock (ivory, tan leather, soft sand)
Copic markers, white color pencilstumps and gamsol
MS snowflake punches
Creative Imaginations dark red glass brads
burgundy satin ribbon

Giovana always amazes me with her gorgeous designs, and I'm sure she'll have something for you that will knock your socks off! Her blog is next! Enjoy the hop!

29 comments:

  1. LOVE the blue and burgundy!!! Great sketch and another fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb- This card is stunning. I have this set, but have inked it up yet. I will have to refer to your bird for coloring (except for the beak-haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a gorgeous card, Deb! Love how you colored the bird! And that bow - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Those colors are amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb this is GORGEOUS!! I love the coloring and the layering dp just frames this perfectly. Wonderful card. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Deb your card is breathtaking. I agree that this set is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful sketch Deb! love the colors and music behind him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing and I love the subtle music score as his background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, this is a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely breathtaking! That bird looks like he is ready to fly off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Deb! Love the musical score behind the bird and such pretty colors and coloring. Amazing :o) I agree with Melissa, he looks like he is ready to take off...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Love your bluebird!!! You aren't the only one - I forgot to color a carrot on an image here just a month ago and didn't notice until I had it already posted.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow! Is this ever gorgeous! I love the dp and the fab bow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the muted colors with that bright bow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Deb!! I love your red satin ribbon with your beautifully colored jay!! And your ink distressing is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh breathtaking Deb!!! I love the stamping on the music bg!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card, Deb! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Deb! Love it! Great sketch too - will have to give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Deb...this is just stunning. Love the colors, the elegance you achieved. A total WOW card! Hugs & Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is elegance in its purest form, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Deb, This is stunning!!! I love the bluejay and the music background is gorgeous! This sketch was beautiful and I am so glad Carolina used for our CSS alumni hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, lovely card - the silky bow is perfect!(and a perfect combination with your dotted paper)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! The dark ribbon is the perfect touch to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card. I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is amazing! I am so in love with the great and soft colors you used, the cream colored snowflakes are a great accent.

    ReplyDelete