Sunday, October 3, 2010

In the Limelight!


I can't tell you how excited I am to finally share the news that I'm "In the Limelight" at Flourishes!  From my earliest stamping days when I had just discovered Splitcoaststampers, I fell in love with these gorgeous, elegant images, and was in awe of the talented girls on the Flourishes' Design Team.  It was as a brand new Dirty Girl that I first got a few of my own Flourishes stamps to play with, and since I'm a sentimental girl, I thought I'd share a few of those projects with you.

The theme of that first Dirty Dozen Gallery was "In the Beginning" and this sweet rock-a-bye door hanger was (and still is) one of my favorite projects.  I love this adorable image, and was tickled pink that this was the "teaser" on the SCS home page for the gallery my first month.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jan Marie and many of the Flourishes Designers when I went for my Copic certification.  It was Mardi Gras season, and Jan Marie opened her home one evening to share some amazing Cajun delicacies with a group of stampers who had attended the Flourishes weekend event and those attending the Copic training next morning.  Being from Louisiana, that was certainly right up my alley!  YUM!

I have to smile as I remember that weekend, because I was sneezing every other breath and probably should not even have been there, but I did not want to miss becoming certified...I tried to stay kinda "quarantined" and I'm sure everyone wanted to avoid me like the plague, but they were all very gracious and wonderful and it ended up being a fabulous weekend and the start of many amazing friendships.

From the name of my blog you can tell that I love music, and so I just HAD to have the Flourishes Christmas music stamp.  This card, for the "In Touch With Textures" theme, my last month with the Dirty Dozen, features that stamp along with a texture paste/brass template Christmas horn.  I love how glittery and elegant this card turned out to be with the gold against the rich hunter green faux suede paper.  The music makes the perfect elegant backdrop...it is that elegance and beauty that draws me to Flourishes' images.

I am so thrilled and honored to be invited to spend the month of October in the limelight...Sundays are always special but this will  make them even moreso!

6 comments:

  1. Yea Deb! OMGosh, your creations with Flourishes are so beautiful! I love them and can't wait to see what's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooo-hoooo Deb!!!!!!! Congratulations beautiful one!!! You are amazing and I can't wait to see all your limelight creations!!! (BTW - love love love that door hanging for baby and love that gold trumpet too!) Gorgeous Girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Deb! Very cool honor and you are more than deserving! Beautiful projects and how fun to get to share them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.. I am super excited for you.. Can't wait to see your beautiful creations..:) hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girly...just saw that you are our Flourishes Limelight Designer...yeah and *CONGRATS*!!! Have fun and I'll be watching out for your fab ideas!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete