Sunday, October 24, 2010

More Flourishes and 7 Gypsies


I have really been enjoying my Flourishes stamps, both new and old!  I had intended to use a new floral for today's cards, but I couldn't get my mind off of this 7 gypsies paper!

I'm kinda hooked on these rolled flowers lately too!  They are so easy to make and add so much to a design...they look especially at home on this old-fashioned parlor style card.

My second card is more characteristic of my typical symmetrical style, something Julie mentioned when I first made my debut on the Flourishes blog.  I have dabbled in lots of crafts, and here I was inspired by the over-under of basketweaving to make a narrow frame for this beautiful floral image.


I hope you like both of my cards.  I have always loved the beautiful prints, textures, and florals of the Victorian era, and enjoy working with this style.  My post on the Flourishes blog goes into more detail about why I chose these products and the how-to's for what I did with them.  I'd love it if you'd visit them and let them know that I sent you!  I can hardly believe that my month in the Flourishes' Limelight is almost over!

9 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful! I love that lace...it is one of my favorites. The chair looks amazing with that paper, and your rolled flowers are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Deb!!! Love the rolled flowers on your first card and the layout on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed two very beautiful cards. Love the way you keep them simple and still make them look very elegant. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them!! Still love that chair! It just looks so comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are wonderful, Deb! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, goodness Deb - these are absolutely beautiful. I just love the colors and they are so elegant. Wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards Deb Everything is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I wish we had more words that mean more than gorgeous in our language! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip on more data at Flourishes' blog. I'll visit that after I finish the CAS hop. Your cards are great and I enjoy hearing the hows and whys of creation.

    ReplyDelete