Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lizzie Anne Design Team Challenge


It's challenge day for the Lizzie Anne Designs girls, and this month our challenge was to make a Christmas gift and matching card using single stamps and stamp sets we were assigned for the month. My assigned set is Christmas Magic, along with the single, Tall Snowman. Love both of these! They are reminiscent of the vintage Christmas images I used to use for tole painting before I became a totally addicted stamper!


When Santa visits our house he works very hard, and in appreciation we always leave him a plate of warm cookies with a glass of milk.  I thought it would be fun to make a jar of layered ingredients along with a card for my design team project...this will make it easy for my friends to whip up a batch of cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve (the baking instructions are on the back of the tag).  This particular recipe is made with yummy tropical trail mix...I think Santa is gonna LOVE it!  ;)


To make my gift set, I used the single, Tall Snowman, as well as a combination of images from Christmas Magic, and Love and Joy Labels.  These images and sentiments go so great with this fun Christmas paper (Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses) from last year.  I just LOVE this old-fashioned font for Christmas!  Everything was stamped with Memento ink and colored with Copic markers.  Santa's hat was given some Flower Soft Polar White fuzzy texture, and I couldn't resist adding Rudolph with his nose so bright to the layout!  I used the last little bit of olive green May Arts ribbon that I had...if I had had more I would have wrapped the jar band with it and made a big pouffy bow!  To be truthful, the bow on the top of the jar was originally on the card, but I had to move things around and substitute some buttons because I just didn't have enough ribbon to go around.  I'll be ordering more!


I hope you enjoy visiting the LAD blog and the blogs of all the Lizzie Anne girls and that you are inspired to start early for your holiday gift preparations.  I am hoping to get a head start myself!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and gifts. I am new to your blog and still fairly new to card making, so I am following along avidly. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice things! I love the little raindear and the little snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you used to do tole painting! how cool!

    This is adorable!! Love that tall snowman paired with the santa image! Pam has chocolate on her blog, you have cookie mix on yours.... you all are making me hungry this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Santa and that cute little reindeer! Your project is way cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cute!! love the tones on your projects. the cookie mix would be a great neighbor gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've worked magic with the Christmas Magic set Deb... I knew you would. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your set Deb! Totally adore that Tall Snowman tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! The cookie mix is such a fantastic gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love, love the whole enchilada deb!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fabulous gift! I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set! Nice to know Santa will be eating healthier cookies this year! Love your coloring on the snowman and Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and cute holiday card. Love it and your blog.

    ReplyDelete