Friday, October 1, 2010

A Hole in One!


Here's a simple, classic shaker card for my friend Wendy's SCS Friday Free4All challenge, "A Hole in One!"

I used a shaker window pouch from i {heart} papers, filling it with a mixture of polar white and ivory flower soft atop a cute JustRite snowman colored with Copic markers.  Construction was easy with the use of circle and scalloped circle nestabilities to make the opening and then cover the edges of the window.  I added some light sponging with Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink.

The sentiment was stamped with the Brayton font using a clear horizontal stamper and white craft ink (I need some ivory!).  A strip of Hero Arts adhesive-backed crochet cotton trim, a bit of tulle, and a jute-tied Joy Ride button keep things simple but interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Hey my sweet Deb...I just saw this card of yours and it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Love every bit of it!! Hugs and I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable Deb! I need to check out those pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Deb! I love the colors, papers, lace, and the cute little snowman!

    ReplyDelete