Friday, October 8, 2010

Hope You Can Cling To!


Have you seen the October challenges that are being posted on this special forum at SCS?  Having done an internship at M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston as a young about-to-graduate physical therapist (way back in the early 80's!), and with a friend currently recovering from surgery for breast cancer, this is definitely a cause I can embrace.  I haven't gotten to play many so far, but I'd like to try to play a bunch more!

Here's a retro design using an image from Lizzie Anne Designs' In the Powder Room, made for Lori's Bring in the Brown challenge.  This image just makes me smile.  I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored it with Copics, sponged the edges with distress ink, and brought in more brown with a scalloped circle mat.  The Creative Imaginations designer paper was a recent purchase from the LSS that turned out to be just perfect for this challenge.  I added a fancy tags sentiment, some pearls, a sheer ribbon bow with a button-tied Tim Holtz flower made using a tattered florals Sizzix die cut from some linen that used to be my husband's shirt!  When he threw it out, I confiscated it!  I have used scraps from it in quite a few projects!  It was no longer fit to wear, but it is still great for crafting! ;)


My second card is a Skipping Stones Design card for Beate's Lingerie Inspired challenge.  I absolutely adore SSD's bra sets, and they're just perfect for a challenge like this.  Their witty humor is so fun!  The bra is from one set, the hanger from the other.  I used some designer paper given to me by my friend Kim...the swirly print of the paper that the bra was pieced from reminded me of  the lacy, feminine fabric that bras are often made of.  The white embossing, satin ribbon, velvet trim, lacy edges, and pearl were all lingerie inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment