Monday, September 10, 2012

Onesie Template and Tutorial


I made a onesie card quite a while back, and one of my readers recently requested a template.  I finally got around to finding the card (Yes, I still have it! Some are hard to part with!) and thought I would show you how I constructed my template.  I'm sure you've seen these here and there, but maybe mine is not exactly the same...I made it so that the openings on the template are 1/8 inch larger than the finished card size because I like being able to see my trace marks and use them to align the dies to cut the openings.  They come out so much prettier die-cut than just trimmed with scissors!

You may prefer to just download the template and use it as it is, but some of you like to see the process, so I've included the template construction in my video.  I hope you like it!  It's today's Paper Craft Planet Monday Tutorial.


Notes:
Gourmet Rubber Stamps' Bloom and Grow
Memento ink
Ranger tea dye distress ink
Copic markers
Spellbinders circles, ovals, scalloped ovals, and labels dies
BoBunny designer paper
Maya Road elastic trim
teeny tiny baby buttons (colored with Copics)
products for the original "Baby's First Christmas" onesie 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you. I am going up to my room right now to make one of these (or maybe two or three). I know my group of card making gals is going to love this for a baby card. I will be sure to give you credit and to tell them to check out your marvelous website. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really, really cute....I love the colors you selected and I love tutorials...TFS.

    Jan D.
    Jacksonville, FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, thanks for giving us all the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh your video tutorial was so fabulous, love the step by step instructions and how you described each step....I think I can make one of these now!!! Thank you so much, I love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very well done tutorial, Debbie! I love your onsies and hope to try one someday. TFS.

    ReplyDelete