Thursday, September 15, 2022

Warm and Cozy


Hello everyone!  I hope you're having a fine day so far!  I'm back today with another card using one of our new sets from our recent Stamp Simply Christmas/Winter release, along with a couple of our other sets.  I had so much fun making this card that I got carried away and had a hard time putting it down.  ;)


Our new stocking set is what got the idea rolling around in my head, but the folding doors of our very own fireplace inspired the rest.  I thought the designer paper looked like wallpaper with greenery laid on the mantle, and then of course...a wood mantle and bricks!  

The sign frame is from our Seasonal Decor set, but the sentiment is from the stockings set and it fit perfectly inside it.  


The stocking is SO cute and so easy!  The cuff, heel, and toe are three separate-but-connected-to-each-other dies in addition to the stocking die itself so you can use two small pieces of designer paper and/or card stock to make the stocking in one pass of the die cutter.  There's a separate little loop hanger die too, or you can use some string/ribbon instead!  That little snowflake is the perfect sized embellishment.

Here I used card stock and strips of gold mirror card stock to mimic our fireplace's folding doors...if I'd had clear transparency paper, I would have used that for the doors instead! I used Spellbinders' rectangles to frame the fireplace box inside and out. I even thought about adding a wreath or candle or some flowers inside since here in Florida we don't get to use our fireplace that often.  


And here's the inside of the card.  Who doesn't love cozying up to a warm fireplace with a warm cuppa?!  


This little cup is from our newest coffee set, and thematically goes so perfectly with the sentiments from our new stocking/mittens set!  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment