Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You're in My Prayers...


While Easter is a joyous celebration, Lent is quite introspective and sometimes even difficult, and that was certainly true for our church family this year. Two of our members lost their fathers, and one couple lost their 23 year old son…our pastor lost two members of his extended family.

Sympathy cards are often a huge challenge…it is difficult to find a design that balances a gentle mood with a bit of bright cheerfulness. I thought that these beautiful Queen Bee papers from Pink Paislee were simply perfect. OCL’s Prayers and Blessings has wonderful sentiments and images to give loving support and encouragement for those who are grieving.

I stamped the sentiment with Basic Gray ink, then stamped the cross in Always Artichoke after first stamping off on a scrap of paper.  I used my new nesties label 13 to cut and emboss the sentiment, then layered it over a labels 3 mat in Going Gray to bring all the colors of the design together.  All of the paper edges were sponged very lightly with Tim Holtz tea-dye distress ink.  Love that pleated twill ribbon, which brings a bit of happy color, toned down just a touch with a strip of beautiful lace that I got when I met my friends for a stamping day down in Ocala.  I used some Zva swirlies to bring some sparkle to the design, adding a row of rhinestones over the edge of the lace and finishing off with a soft taffeta bow.

I hope and pray that this card will bring comfort and peace to the one who receives it!  

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The swirlies are just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, and those Zva swirlies are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...this is just gorgeous!!! I so love the papers, the crystals, the gorgeous trims, it's just beautiful! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Deb! I think with your skill and talent, you've really embraced the ideal sympathy card in its beauty and thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Deb, this has been a tough Lenten season for your church family. Lifting up prayers for comfort and peace. This card is just perfect and I know it touched the hearts of those who received them.

    ReplyDelete